Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Real spring flowers



Okay...this is a plant in my house but I think it counts as spring flowers. This is my African violet. I love this plant and its beautiful pink flowers. It only blooms occasionally so I was very excited to see some buds developing over the last couple of days. This plant belonged to my great-grandma and I've had it for about 11 years...with the exception of a few years when my mom looked after it when I was in the States and Alberta for school.

I'm certainly not much of a green thumb but it has been thriving since we moved into our house. I think in all the apartments I ever lived in, it either didn't get enough light or it was too hot. But it seems to be happy and it blooms here and there. My mom tells me that it 'rests' in between blooming. I'm happy to take what I can get and right now live colourful flowers is very nice indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment