Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy new year: My resolutions


My hopes are that 2013 is going to be a great year. I wish all of you health, happiness, and love and that all of your wishes for the year come true.

I'm not a huge resolutions person but a few have come to mind that I think are actually achievable:
1) Try one new recipe per month. We tend to eat the same meals over and over and I want to try some new recipes. I'm thinking pasta, vegetables, and soup. The recipes have to be 'real' supper food...not muffins or something like that. In theory, it shouldn't be too hard to find 12 recipes that I want to try...and find the time to actually make them.
2) Go on at least one date with Dave each month. I don't mean supper at the Dairy Queen here (but of course that will still happen)! I mean dress up a bit and go do something different each month. There are so many things happening in the city all the time and we need to take advantage. And I like to dress up!
3) Do at least 6 craft/sewing projects this year. That means start them AND complete them! My sewing machine has been fixed for almost 2 months and my pillows are still not sewn. And I'd love to make some garlands, do some painting projects (painting objects, not pictures), and try my hand at quilling paper (that's what the above picture is). I actually bought this Twirled Paper book at Michael's. And yes, it is for ages 10 & up!

No comments:

Post a Comment