Wednesday, February 17, 2010

My new (but very old) art

Here's the newest addition for my soon-to-come art wall that will be above my desk in my office. It's a calendar from 1955 from my grandpa's old business. My grandma gave it to me a long time ago and it's been in a tote because I couldn't just buy a frame because of the odd size. So I got it custom framed at Michael's and I think it looks fantastic. My pic of it is a bit dark but it'll have to do.


Very vintage! I love how it says 'Phone 14'...can you imagine? My art wall is going to be quite a varied collection. It won't be too much longer until I get the hammer out so I can hang up all the pretty white frames! I just put the last coat of white paint on my desk and the nightstand tonight. This weekend I'll start putting the room together so stay tuned for some pics!

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this Kelly! The white frame really makes it pop! And what a sentimental piece that it is your grandpa's old business!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shawna Beans! I love it too! It's a really nice memory of my grandpa.

    ReplyDelete