Friday, October 8, 2010

The start of a real basement

Last weekend, framing began in our basement! Yay!


My dad, my brother, and Dave spent a couple days putting up the vapour barrier plastic and framing. Three of the four outside walls are framed and a wall that divides the soon-to-be living room and bathroom. So, there's still quite a way to go but I'm so excited about finally getting a start on it.

I'm really looking forward to having another living room space. Hmm...or should I call it a rumpus room or rec room...no, I kind of find those weird. What does rumpus even mean? And it's not really going to be a rec room either...unless you count vegging out and watching movies recreational. I guess there's also family room...but I'm not sure I really like that one either. Families are allowed to hang out in a kitchen too, aren't they?

Well, whatever I call it, all I've been thinking about is furnishing it! I can't wait to show you my new project! I bought a chair at the flea market last weekend for 35 bucks. I'll be sanding, painting and recovering it and it will look as good as new...or better. Don't worry, I've enlisted help from my mom and grandma!

No comments:

Post a Comment