Monday, February 20, 2012

Art for the bathroom

We checked another thing off of our to-do list! This morning we finished hanging some frames in the 2-piece bathroom. So now there are the fancy new glass shelves AND cute little frames in this tiny room. Sweet stuff! It was tricky to take a good pic so you can see what they look like but here's one on an angle:


All IKEA, of course. I had bought these little art cards ages ago but had never put them up because I had a bit of an issue with frames. I had originally bought 4 of these RIBBA 5 x 7 frames for another project that never happened, but I needed 5 frames in order to hang all of these pretty little art cards. I got my hands on another one (thanks Steph!) but it turned out to have a different finish and the matte was a different colour. So I got crafty. I bought some acrylic paint at Michael's and painted all of it! As you can probably guess, I painted the mattes white and the frames black. I used a small roller for the mattes and a foam brush for the frames. I think they turned out pretty well...at least they're more cohesive even if they're not perfect!

Don't rub your eyes...this pic seems somewhat blurry...but it gives you an idea of what the pics look like straight on as you go through the door:


We (by we, I mean Dave) used those handy little 3M adhesive velcro picture hangers. We've used them quite a few times now for smaller pictures and they work great.

So now I have another sweet little homage to beautiful Sweden. Every room should have one!

2 comments:

  1. I like these strong typography graphics... I love seeing words being used for art... as letter are indeed pieces of art.
    Good job Dave on hanging these... can't wait to see them in person on day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come see them in person!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete