Sunday, November 4, 2012

To-do list progress: Part 2


So here's what I accomplished on my to-do list:
1) Finish needlepoint
2) Buy material/supplies for making pillows
3) Sew 4 pillows (TWO are done) 
4) Make boot tray
5) Make and print art for kitchen frames
6) Attach weights to kitchen curtains
7) Hem bedroom curtains
8) Paint and hang up new house numbers
9) Clean make-up brushes and drawer
10) Paint nails
11) Go to the antiques and collectibles show...and find some treasures!
12) Clean silver necklaces
13) Watch 5 documentaries/movies: Being Elmo, Happy, The September Issue, Spellbound, Love Actually(!)
14) Wash mitts/hats/scarves
15) Buy and install record holders for stand

Not bad at all! My sewing machine stopped working properly so it's going in for a tune-up, then the last two pillows will get finished! I am so happy with the two that I made and can't wait to finish the other two.

One of the most important things I accomplished was watching a bunch of movies:
A still from Love Actually
Anyone who has seen Love Actually has to know this scene...one of my favourites! Oh Hugh, you are awesome (on a side note, those frames going down the staircase are also perfection). This has to be at least the 5th time I've watched this movie. So good!

I also watched some documentaries (I made my list from reading this post and the comments on the blog A Cup of Jo). Of the four documentaries I watched, I have to say Being Elmo was my favourite. Such an amazing story about Elmo's puppeteer. I highly recommend watching it! I also liked The September Issue, which follows the editors as they put together a September issue of Vogue magazine. I thought it was quite fascinating and I actually enjoy Anna Wintour (the Editor-in-Chief) even more now. Spellbound follows eight kids as they prepare and go to the finals of the National Spelling Bee. Yikes! So intense. All I know is I don't want to be in a spelling bee! I remember in school we had a little spell-off in my class when I was in grade 3 or 4 and I won for my team by spelling helicopter. That wouldn't get me far at the Nationals! We also watched Happy, which is essentially about what makes people happy. They interview people from around the world and talk about the science behind happiness. It was interesting. If it makes you happy, watch it. If it doesn't, don't!

No comments:

Post a Comment