Monday, June 1, 2015

My bag collection

I used to have two bags (i.e. purses) and now it's doubled to four. Just like that! Take a look at my black beauties:
Yep, I love black. Let me tell you a little story about how they all became mine. The first one is a lovely Kate Spade that I bought on my first trip to Vegas. I was shopping with my friend Steph and I saw it and was absolutely smitten. Like any good friend does, Steph fully supported this purchase and it came home with me. It's a shiny, slouchy, perfect-sized bag. Then a year or two later, I spotted the next one while perusing Shopbop online. It's Red Valentino and the bow had me at hello. I got it on sale but it still certainly wasn't cheap! But oh how I've loved this beauty. It's very me with the ever so girly Valentino bow. The leather is like butter...seriously, it is like butter! 

The last two arrived today on my doorstep. They are Kate Spade and I bought them when there was a surprise sale online a couple weeks ago. The one that has the chain on the handle is so comfy. The perfect shoulder bag with a bit of sheen and a little bling. It's slightly slouchy and in my eyes is a perfect casual bag for summer. The last one is my structured, prissy bag. I love the little bow and super smooth leather...and the way I can carry it on my arm with a bent elbow like a lady. I seriously couldn't decide between the two of them, so I bought both since they were such a bargain. And as I explained to Dave, they are similar but very different!

Here's a close-up of my first Kate Spade and my Red Valentino:
And my new Kate Spades:
I may need to get Dave to build a shelf in my closet to display the ones I'm not currently using so I can still admire them. Maybe one day I'll branch out and buy one that isn't black...but when you know what you like, you know what you like! Now I just need to hold off for at least another year or two before I MUST add another one to my collection!


No comments:

Post a Comment