Thursday, January 21, 2010

Pretty pendant lights

I'm starting to look for a new pendant light for above my kitchen table. The one the builders put in isn't awful but it is boring and I'd like something a little nicer. I really like the look of these capiz shell ones:



They're both so pretty but I think they are a little too glam for my kitchen/dining room. What I really want is a drum-style pendant:

From EQ3

I would get the white one. I really like the simplicity of this style.


This one is a little more jazzy but still simple enough. I'm sure when I get a little more serious about buying a new light I'll check out some local lighting shops and see what else there is. For now, I can tolerate what I have. It's the bathroom lights that really need to go first! But more on that another time...

3 comments:

  1. Love the simplicity of the lighting as well... so much so that one of your photos of the light fixture is very similar to our in our dinning room!
    I'm loving the blog... cool to hear what you've been thinking about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're my design inspiration Natalie! You have great taste in lighting fixtures!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first two are nice but like you said, maybe a bit too glam. I really like your others choices too, though, as they are sleek and modern while providing good lighting!

    ReplyDelete