Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Snow = trying to keep warm

Well, the snow is here and that means time to get out the scarves, hats, and mittens. I've been wearing my black and white striped scarf the last couple days, and I'm ready to rock my pretty new hats, but I feel that I'm lacking in the mitten department so today I opted to just stuff my hands in my pockets. Does anyone but me wish adults could wear these and be accepted in today's society?:

Toddler mittens from Hermes

Perhaps there are some adults that currently do wear these mittens that are tied together with a string but I'm not sure I could actually be one of them. Am I jealous that their mittens are ready to go as soon as they slip on their jacket? Yes I am. Am I jealous that they probably never lose or misplace a mitten? Sure. Am I jealous that they are bold enough to wear something that is meant for children? Certainly. However, I feel I must continue to abstain from crudely attaching my mittens to a string with safety pins. For now...but we'll see how things are going in February.

No comments:

Post a Comment