Sunday, December 12, 2010

Swedish presents

Not sure if you remember but I was ordering some things with birthday money from the website Hemslojd. Well I finally got around to it and they came last week! I got the birdhouse that I wanted and instead of the electric candlesticks and cute little tomtes (they were sold out), I got a pretty lamp to hang in my window at Christmas.

Here's a pic of the front of my Stuga birdhouse/feeder:


Too cute! And here's a pic of the back:


It's very neat. You can use it as a house or as a feeder if you close the circle opening. And another good thing about it is that the ledge that the birds perch on to eat was designed to only allow small birds to be able to perch. I like that feature. No pigeons welcome.

I am planning on putting it on a post by the garage so I'll have to wait for the ground to thaw before it can go up. I'm going to have to do some homework about birds and what kind of food to get since I know nothing about this kind of thing at this point. I can't wait to have it up outside. It's just so darn cute. Thank you mom and dad!

I also want to show you my pretty new Welcome Star Lamp:


It's made of pine and it's cut so thin that the light glows right through it. It's made of two pieces with a small chandelier lightbulb in the middle. I was so excited to get it hung up that I read the directions after the fact and realized I hung it upside down. Whatever...I'm not sure it really matters! It gives off such a pretty glow. I know I'll be sad to take it down once Christmas is over. Thank you grandma!

No comments:

Post a Comment