Thursday, May 19, 2011

Plants for my flower bed

I bought some beautiful plants yesterday for my flower bed. I was surprised that I chose geraniums. They are just such a nice colour and the leaves are a bit different than the classic geranium. They're called 'Elegance Burgundy'. Take a look:


They are loaded with blooms and buds and will be nice throughout the summer since they continue to bloom for such a long time.

I'm going to have coleus in between the geraniums. It's such a nice variety called 'Magellanica Perilla'. I love the multi-coloured leaves and I think they coordinate so well with the geraniums. Pretty, right?:


I haven't had a lot of luck with coleus in the past but this year I'll try talking to it or something...that'll be sure to help. I'm also planting some cute white flowers. They're alyssum ('Easter Bonnet White') and nicotiana ('Starmaker White'):


So sweet! I'm going to plant them this weekend. Yay spring!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment