Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Magazine inspiration: Volume 1

I really like magazines. I really really like home design/decor magazines! I have two mail subscriptions and buy others too. Dave and I also go to the super nice library in our neighbourhood where I can read a few (without having to buy them!). Still, I have such a pile accumulating at home and I just can't bear to get rid of them. I seriously look at them over and over. When I look at one the first time, I give it a somewhat quick first pass and then I end up going through it at least four more times. It's crazy. You can look through the same magazine so many times and always discover something new.

Anyways, I decided to share some of the things I like and find inspiring. Some may surprise you and some certainly won't. So this time around, I want to show you this lamp I saw in the October 2012 issue of Elle Decor:

Scanned from page 148 of October 2012 Elle Decor

It's a 1950s tripod lamp by T.H. Robsjohn-Gibbings. I don't have to have this lamp necessarily but I would really dig a tripod lamp one day. I actually like this lamp in brass but I'm sure I'd get a brushed silver one. Somebody doesn't care for brass! So I think a tripod is unofficially (or maybe officially) the style of floor lamp I'll be buying for the basement living room some day!

No comments:

Post a Comment