Thursday, June 2, 2011

Na na na na na na na na Batman

So Dave's been wondering when I would post about the new Batman statue that has been added to his fine collection...and I guess today's the day. He's actually had the statue for a while now and was so happy to finally get it since he's been looking for it for quite some time. It was released in 2003 and was a limited edition, you know!

Are you ready for this epicness?:


It's based on a Jim Lee drawing. Dave has the poster of it hanging on the wall in his office. If you haven't read my posts about his super superhero office, you can read them here and here. Dave would really like that!

Anyways, it's a nice statue. I like the cape. Just like I like the capes on the other statues. I actually like the Jim Lee Superman and Batman statues the best out of Dave's collection. It could be that they were the most expensive. That's how I roll!

So his shelves now look like this:


...and this:


The sketches are by Tom Grummett, who drew them for Dave during Free Comic Book days (for charity). They're pretty sweet. You can only imagine how much Dave likes them!

So that's that. I'm sorry if you are not married to someone who collects superhero paraphernalia because it's just really, really great! Insert winking emoticon here.

No comments:

Post a Comment