Saturday, November 6, 2010

Unfinished business

Today I took advantage of the nice weather and got some spray painting done outside. What did I spray paint you may ask? Well, take a little look:


This is the chair that I bought at the last flea market I went to. I took it apart then took off a lot of layers of fabric and basically gutted it right down. I had put on 2 coats of black spray paint a couple weeks ago and today was able to put on 2 more. Now it's ready for me to start reupholstering! My grandma thinks I can handle it on my own and since I bought a lot of fabric I think I might take a swing at it.

So this is the project that I've got on the go. I'm not sure if you've noticed or not, but I haven't completed some of the projects I said I was going to do! I skimmed back over my last 101 posts and here's a list of things I said I was going to do:
1. Make a design idea board for a girl's nursery (I did one for a boy's room)
2. Make a bound photo book of old black and white pictures that I scanned
3. Hem my curtains in the kitchen - Ack, I really need to do this! I hung them in March!
5. Sew a red duvet cover - Okay, I think I'm giving up on this one. I've looked high and low for the perfect red sheets for this project and no dice!
6. Hang up my white frames to make an art wall above my desk - This one's a work in progress:


Yep I like to spray paint! I did this a month or so ago. Hopefully, I can get through all of these projects over the winter. I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment